1. THE SEX PISTOLS, December 16, 1977, Brunel University
Blistering, snarling first tour. A roadie played Sid’s bass lines from behind a curtain.
2. THIN LIZZY, March 26, 1976, Brunel University
The classic line-up playing in a room the size of your living room. Awesome.
3. GLENN TILBROOK, June 8, 2003, Dingwalls
He took us all outside and we sang along by the canal.
4. BON JOVI, June 28, 2003, Hyde Park
They played from 7.30 to past 11. Ray Davies came on to play Lola.
5. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, July 6, 1985, Wembley Stadium
Two sets and a whole day in the sun at the old Wembley.
6. DON HENLEY, October 30, 1989, Wembley Arena
Ex-Eagles man on brilliant vocal form.
7. THE STRANGLERS, May 20, 1977, Brunel University
Snarling Rattus Norvegicus era. Unrepeatable.
8. BRUCE HORNSBY, October 2, 1990, Town & Country
He had no set, and played from a pile of requests on his piano.
9. DEF LEPPARD, February 27, 2003, Brixton Academy
Party time and Union Jack waving all the way. When we came out the streets were on fire so the whole audience walked to Stockwell tube.
10. HUE AND CRY, December 18 , 2009, O2 ABC Glasgow
Piano and vocals only to a select audience, and not a dry eye in the house.